Compiler lover

Sunday, December 03, 2006

What's new in KM? #1

Due to popular request (haha) , I am going to talk about what's new in Kill Mario:
  1. There's new music made by fellow programmer Onur C. The music is very good and suits the game much better than the pop rock music I was using up to now, but the quality of the recording is pretty bad. I hope he will send me an other version.
  2. Added an "About this program" in the menu.
  3. Added the option to turn off sound effects.
  4. The settings menu can be launched while playing. You can for instance change the resolution of the game while playing! Can Quake 3 do this ? aha! who's the better programmer now Mr Carmack ?
  5. Changed the splash screen.
  6. Uploaded Kill Mario to a SVN repository at Google. It's mostly useless since I don't plan on programming with anybody else but at least I know there's a copy of the source code somewhere, and it made me discover the basics of revision control. Link at the right.

And now the things I have to do:
  1. Add new enemies. The first one I'll add will probably be the koopa:
  2. Add a menu where you can choose the level you want to play, and allow saving.
  3. Now this one's the hardest one to add since it involves modifying the engine of the game which I haven't touched in a couple months: I have to give a depth property to all the objects so that I can decide in which order they are displayed so as to remove some graphical bugs. This involves a lot of delicate linked lists programming, but being better than Carmack makes me able to do these kind of things. I don't expect you to understand this mere mortals.
  4. Find other things to do...
  5. ...and do them.
  6. Stay motivated.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home